Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Week 2: Web 2.0

What is Web 2.0? Good question is what I asked myself when I was asked that question. I didn't really know what it was. After our classroom discussion, it became a little bit clearer. Web 2.0 to my understanding is web-based communities who develop ways to facilitate creativity, collaboration, and sharing among users. The article, "A Day in the Life of Web 2.0," share some good ways to describe Web 2.0. One way they talk about is blogging, which I have some experience with when I created my MySpace page. Blogging can be a positive and powerful took used in the classroom, if used properly. Wikis is another way to describe Web 2.0. I personally have not used a wiki, but am looking forward to learn more about them. The last idea that the article stated was social bookmarking. Before reading this article, I really didn't have a good idea on what social bookmarking was. I like how the article showed how social bookmarking can be used for lesson plans and sharing ideas and web pages that could be helpful in planning.

No comments: