Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Week 3: More on Web 2.0

Teaching Today: Social Bookmarking
http://teachingtoday.glencoe.com/howtoarticles/social-bookmarking

This week's readings were very insightful, especially the article on Social Bookmarking. As I stated earlier, social bookmarking was something new to me, so reading the article gave me more insight into what it is and how it is used. As before, a social bookmarking site provides a way for students and teachers to save all their web links in one location on the internet. Once they save them, they can then share them with others.

I really like the idea of social bookmarking, especially for research. What a better way to site an internet source then to bookmark it on the internet. That way there is no question as to where each student got their information from. I enjoyed how the article stated that social bookmarking is also used for classroom management and class collaboration. Collaboration among students is helpful, especially if more than one student is looking up the same topic. They could just share what sites each other found.

I would love to use this tool in my classroom for researching. I think it would be very beneficial to my students and for me as a teacher.

No comments: